Thursday, December 30, 2010

The No-CES-For-Me Blues

As CES draws ever closer, I'm really bummed I'm not going. I've never been to CES, but I trade shows for my day job pretty regularly, and this is one I've always wanted to attend. This year, seeing as I'm the technology editor for my magazine, I even applied for, and recieved, press credentials. However, sadly, I couldn't convince my editor that this is something he needed to pay for airfare and hotel for me to go to.

My magazine is a trade for the hospitality industry, and my arguements that technology introduced at CES will impact hotels down the line just wasn't enough to sway him. So I sit here getting all the releases about new products I can't check out yet, and briefings I can't attend, while my shiny badge sits on my desk and mocks me.

One of these years, I WILL make it to CES. I will find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment