Monday, December 20, 2010

Hello, and a little about me

Hello, and welcome to my blog, A Geek Girl's Guide to Everything. I decided to start ths blog because I am a female who happens to be a tech geek, and frankly, I get a little frustrated that information about technoogy for women seems to fall into two general categories: pink and bedazzled with absolutely no substance, or taking the approach that you have to be "hard core" and hate all things pink and bedazzled to be a true tech geek.

I hate to break it to the world, but the two are not mutually exclusive.

I happen to like pink. And kittens. And other cute and adorable things. I also happen to like technology. I rooted my Android phone so I could play with the settings. I've fried more than one laptop because I couldn't leave "working as intented" alone. Sometimes I like to be girly and wear dresses, but I always have my trusty technology stashed away in my purse for a moment's notice.

It is possible to like pink and kittens, and have a passion for technology at the same time. It's possible to grin and buy the pink bedazzled item - when it's up to spec - and not loose all credibility as a tech geek. There are a lot of us girls out there who happen to know what we're talking about and who aren't willing to give up our femininity to enjoy being a tech geek.

So that's what this blog is about and who it's for. All my fellow Geek Girls who believe they can have the best of both worlds. I plan to write reviews, comment on trends and what's up and coming, and chronicle my various adventures with technology. I welcome everyone to join in the conversation and be proud to be a Geek Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment