Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tasker - Can you help?

Okay, I'm hoping someone out there who knows Tasker fairly well can help me out. I'm trying to create a profile to have WiFi calling automatically turn on when connected to one specific WiFi point, but turn off once I leave that area, and not turn on for any other hotspots. Here's what I'm using, and while it will work when I force-test it, it doesn't work for normal use, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Any help anyone can send my way would be appreciated!

If WiFi connected to SSID (name of network), then:
Load App >WiFi Calling
Input > Dpad > Down
Input > Dpad > Press
Go Home

The exit task is the same thing, trying to turn it back off when I leave that WiFi SSID. Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working, and/or have suggestions on either how to make this work, or a better way to enable WiFi calling when connected to a specific hotspot? I've been Googling it (and will continue to do so, and will post an update if I figure it out) but so far I'm not finding exactly what I need, only profiles on turning WiFi itself on and off at certain times.

UPDATE: Hmm, well, today it seems that the entrance task is working - it did exactly what it was supposed to do. No idea why it didn't do it yesterday. And the exit task yesterday evening didn't shut it off - I had to manually turn off WiFi calling when I got home. Very odd. Maybe today it will shut off the way it's supposed to. Or do I need to add something to the exit task? Curiouser and curiouser.

No comments:

Post a Comment