Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Still no update on the laptop...

Jetblue is telling me that they have 45 days to resolve my claim. They have all my documentation, so now it's just a waiting game, which is annoying. I had to use the credit card to buy a new laptop for work, since I couldn't wait that long. I'm really hoping they wrap this up more quickly than a month and a half so I can pay off that bill. Grrr.

And as an update on the Android situation, I've figured out what I did! I just can't leave well enough alone, so one of the applications I'm trying to uninstall to make more space is what's causing the boot loop. I've figured out it's not a completely broken root, however, and I now have automatic ROM backups once a week so when I inevitably do something stupid again, I'll be able to restore a fairly recent version of an OS that worked, along with three-times-weekly updates of all my apps and data. So at most, I'll only have a week-old ROM with data that's a few days outdated. Not too bad, and the piece of mind was worth paying for the premium version of ROM Manager. That's the version that comes with automated backups, as well as easier finding and installing of new ROMs. Whoo hoo for phone tweaking with confidence of a restore when you mess it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment