Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jetblue Update

I am happy to report Jetblue did the right thing. I got a letter in the mail yesterday that they're going to settle my claim for pretty much what I said the laptop was worth. It was a little lower, but not enough to make me scream. It was actually about $20 more than I thought they would give me, honestly. So I signed the agreement form, and it's going back out to them today so they'll cut me the check. Once it comes in, I'll use it to pay off the new laptop I had to put on the credit card. The new one is about $200 more than what they're reimbursing me, but that's okay. It wasn't a huge upgrade, but I did get the best I could afford when I replaced it, and I'm willing to put the little bit of extra into it. I'm just glad they didn't try to deny the claim, or offer me an insulting amount. Jetblue, you have just earned another chance! You'll continue to be one of my top two airline choices because you did the right thing by me!

2 comments:

  1. What I want to know is... how come they can afford all this body-scanning technology (which doesn't work, by the way), but they can't afford a simple freaking security camera in the luggage checking area?? Idiots... Well, I'm glad they did right by you, but they should've at least given you some miles or something for your trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's what someone else said too, did they give me a free flight. LOL. That would have been nice, but I wasn't expecting it. I was realistically hoping for around $500, so they at least did that.

    ReplyDelete